Skip To Main Content
Newton Public Schools N logo

Free & Reduced Applications

Your household may qualify for free or reduced meals. 

  • Free & Reduced Meal applications may be downloaded from this page or may be picked up at Newton High School, 900 W. 12th St.
  • Approvals/denials will be done at Newton High School, 900 W. 12 St.
  • Households that qualify may also qualify for free or reduced student fees with the completion of a Consent for Disclosure (Waiver of Confidentiality). 
  • If applying for Free or Reduced meals, payments for student’s meals and fees should not be done until after the Free & Reduced Meals Application has been completed, submitted and approved/denied, and the Consent for Disclosure (Waiver of Confidentiality) form has been completed and filed.

If you would like to apply using a paper application, please contact Elaine Gaeddert by using this form or call (316) 284-6280 ext. 2205.

Free & Reduced application for 2023-24 School Year

Application for Free and Reduced Priced Meals

Consent for Disclosure

  • Starting for the 2023-24 School Year, the district office will no longer be processing forms. All forms will now be processed at Newton High School, 900 W. 12th St. 
  • You may still pay fees at district office, 308 E. 1st St.
  • If you would like to apply using a paper application, you may pick up a form at Newton High School or contact Elaine Gaeddert by using this form or by calling (316) 284-6280 ext. 2205.


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at Filing a Program Discrimination Complaint as a USDA Customer; at any USDA office; or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)   Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)   Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.