Allergen Aware Facilities
U.S.D. #373 will designate and maintain allergen aware facilities. Signs will be posted on entry doors of each building designating “allergen aware” facility.
1. Information will be gathered from enrollment forms regarding students with allergies. Life threatening allergies will be noted in the student's health record.
2. Staff members who have a “need to know” will be informed of students with potential life threatening allergies.
3. If the allergy is a food allergy, refer to the food allergy health services protocol.
4. Non-latex gloves will be utilized when caring for students with a latex allergy.
5. Use of strong fragrances in any form will be discouraged.